Store Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 10am-5pm | Sunday 10am-4pm | Closed Monday and Tuesday
(Holiday hours are a mash so call first and make sure…)
Copyright © 2019 Nanuq Kayaks
On Sunday Oct. 11, from 10am to 4pm Nanuq Kayaks will be haveing a “Demo Day.”
We will have most of the current Rockpool models, ETO, Alaw Bach, Taran 16, Taran 18 and Tarantella for demo and sale.
We will have Rebel Greenland T and Greenland Toc for demo and possible sale. We also will take orders at that point for Spring 2021 delivery. When you order a boat you can pick any one of hundreds of color schemes already done or create your own. Sail mast reinforcements can be added as well. We will also have demo versions of Greenland paddles in classic wood as well as in carbon kevlar. They will be for sale or, if someone wants a custom version we can do so in wood. No Custom of carbon kevlar.
We are asking all folks to observe covid precautions and wear a mask as well as observe social distancing. A paddler will be responsible for moving footpegs to size him/herself. No spray skirts will be used. Please bring your own PFD and paddle. Each boat will have half hour maximum demo use and demo slots will be separated by 10 minutes to allow cleaning and sanitizing between uses.
We will take reservations for slots starting from 10am on. Anyone wanting to demo a boat will be required to sign a release form at the time of taking a boat.
To request a preferred time slot a head of schedule, please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch.
Kayaking affords enormous stress relief (related to Covid-19 and otherwise), as well as complying with social distance. To continue to serve you safely during the pandemic, we’ve adjusted our shop procedure as follows:
1. We are officially closed except open by chance or by appointment.
2. The door will be locked. Knock and we will answer. We will ask you a few questions through the door first, then open up.
3. If you are sick or not feeling well, please do not visit the shop. Come back another day and we’ll all be happier.
4. If you want to look around, please do NOT touch anything. Enjoy looking. We will not walk with you but will be available, from 6+ feet away, to answer questions.
5. If you want to demo a boat, call or email to arrange an appointment. We will bring the boat(s) to a local beach as well as pfd and spray skirt. You bring a paddle. We will set the boat up whilst you watch from at least 10′ away. You can paddle up to an hour after signing the usual waiver form.
6. If you want to purchase the boat, paddle, pfd, or what-have-you, we will be able to take your credit card at the beach.
7. If you have specific equipment needs or questions, let’s set up a FaceTime meeting so I can help you; then we’ll arrange for you to pick up an item outside the shop door.
We know this is cumbersome, but it is the best we can do to recognize that life must move on but interaction needs to be restricted. For more, call Harley at 207-805-6884, or on my cell at 914-310-0744. Reach Harley by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work with us and we’ll work with you. Stay healthy. Be smart. Help others.